Complaining Adult Social Care Services

  1. If you are unhappy with the social care service, care home or home care and you’re paying for your own care, you may want to speak to the service provider first. Ask them for their complaints procedure.
  2. If your care is funded or arranged by your local authority, you may wish to raise the issues with the care provider in the first instance.
  3. If you are not happy with the outcome you complain to your local authority

Your local Healthwatch can help you with your complaint

Raise a complaint with Local Authority Adult Social Care

Raise the issue with NHS England

A complaint can be made by:


0300 311 22 33

Email address

Please email “for the attention of the complaints team”

Mailing address

NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT

If you are not satisfied with you can ask Local Government Ombudsman (LGO), which is independent of local authorities and care providers.


0300 061 0614


Additional Support

Voiceability independent charity

The Advocacy People independent charity

POhWER works in local authority areas across England to deliver advocacy

Information given is to be used with individual’s discretion they are responsible for their safety; this information is not to be on its own solely and always seek medical advice.

© All material on these pages, including without limitation text, logos, icons, photographs, and all other artwork is copyright material of British Food Allergy Awareness, unless otherwise stated.