- When choosing a home care company, speak about your allergies, and ask about their policy. If you do not feel comfortable with a company, shop around.
- Book a home assessment, discuss your allergies.
- Ask if you will get regular carers, and if they go on holiday, ask about briefing the member of staff who will replace them.
- Ask if you have a dedicated care manager.
- Ask for your food allergies to go in your personalised care plan.
- Talk to your carer about your allergy, and cross contamination.
- Teach your carer about labels, especially if going shopping for you.
- Ask about the complaints procedure if you should require it. Is the manager accessible?
Care Quality Commission
The Live-in Care Hub
United Kingdom Homecare Association
The Care Advice Line
British Red Cross
The Guides on this website are to be used at individual’s responsibility, they are for guidance only, and not fully extensive, people are advised that it is the information is used at the responsibility of the individual.
© All material on these pages, including without limitation text, logos, icons, photographs, and all other artwork is copyright material of British Food Allergy Awareness, unless otherwise stated.